4 Ways to Supercharge your love life in 2022
When it comes to relationships, “upgrade your goals” begins with rethinking your approach. Whether you want to bring the oomph back to your love life or you’re searching for that person who knocks you off your feet, we’ve got the best tips to make it happen. Our science-backed expert advice will help you upgrade your goals and find the person you’ve been hoping to meet. With these tweaks, you’ll reframe your search, reset your romance, and walk around with a smile on your face.
#1: Upgrade Your Dating Profile – Keep it Current
Many online daters live by this mantra: New Year, new dating profile! But a couple of months later, they don’t receive as many messages and their romantic life is back at square one.
Wondering why this happens? Because keeping your profile up to date doesn’t end on January first. Once you’ve put some love into it and created your ideal profile, it’s all about maintenance. This is why the dating experts at Healthy Framework recommend updating your profile often.
Just how frequently, you ask? That’s up to you, but here are their general guidelines:
- When you have major life changes, like moving to a new city or starting a new career
- Anytime you pick up a new hobby and want to meet like-minded people
- If you’ve got a sexy new hairdo or a stache worth showing off, post a new pic!
If you’re in a romance rut and want to upgrade your love life, be proactive by keeping your profile irresistible. Just like you look your best when you go out to a bar, you wanna keep your profile looking great. Don’t be shy to show off your personality, let your sense of humor take over, and share yourself with all the singles out there.
#2: Upgrade Your Understanding – Speak Your Partner’s Love Language
Whether you’ve got a special someone by your side or you’re still looking around, it pays off to learn about the 5 types of love languages. This can help you connect with others and understand the different ways to make them feel unique.
By the same token, knowing your own love language helps you communicate your needs and expectations in a relationship. If you’re searching for a partner, understanding your love language makes it easier to identify the matches that’ll make you feel great when you’re together.
According to wellness journal Very Well Mind, the different love languages include:
- Words of affirmation
- Quality time
- Physical touch
- Acts of service
- Receiving gifts
To upgrade your relationships, take the time to get to know each other and yourself. Even if you’ve already been together for a minute, you can still explore your love languages. Why? Because Speaking each other’s love language can help avoid arguments, enhance communication, and take chemistry to the next level.
#3: Upgrade Your Sex Life – Get Physical
Want to upgrade your sex life? Don’t worry, it’s normal for the attraction to die down after a while! But this doesn’t mean you should give up on your partner. In fact, wanting to upgrade your physical connection is a sign that you value the other person.
And if you’re in a brand new relationship, these tips from Bustle can also help you connect with your new bae and keep the sparks going for a long time. It’s never too early or too late to focus on the physical aspect of your relationship. Here’s how:
- Create opportunities to see your partner in action. Whether it’s watching them play pickup soccer or sitting by their side while they trade stocks, watching them do what they love is sexy.
- Try new things together. This one doesn’t need much explanation. It’s just fun and puts you both in a happy place.
- Be adventurous. This could mean rock climbing or trying a new restaurant. Whatever works for both of you and gets you excited to spend time together will have great results in the bedroom, too.
- Stay present. Nowadays, we have such short attention spans that actually connecting with someone requires intention. But staying focused on your date over dinner is a great way to enjoy dessert!
#4: Upgrade Your Thinking – Keep an Open Mind
For many singles, online dating equals impossibly high standards. If you want to upgrade the quality of your connections, Psychology Today recommends striking the right balance between looking for a great partner while keeping your deal-breakers in mind.
To help you keep an open mind and give others a chance, psychologists recommend integrating emotional intuition with rational considerations. Wondering how to do that? Here are their recommendations:
- Don’t look for the perfect person. Look for a suitable partner and give them a chance.
- Make a list of your deal-makers and deal-breakers. By leading with the positive traits that you’re looking for, you’re more likely to find good matches.
- Stay rational. To keep your pickiness at bay, listen to both your heart and your intellect. This helps you balance your expectations and opens up possibilities to connect with more people.
Join Seeking Today
If you know what you’re looking for and you’re ready to upgrade your relationship goals, Seeking is the best place to find your perfect match. With so many singles near you, it’s easy to find the person that makes dating the fun adventure you’ve been looking for! Check out the rest of the Seeking Blog for more elite dating stories, advice, and tips,