There are certain things successful daters do to make it appear as though they have mastered the art of dating. They attract quality partners, share incredible adventures, and always have a reserved table at the hottest new restaurants in town.
But, how do they do it? Is it better luck or good looks? Not necessarily.
It turns out that some of the habits of Successful daters have little to do with dating and more to do with their overall mindset. If you want to Upgrade Your® Seeking experience, these tips from our Successful members will help transform your approach and elevate your dating life.
1. Stay Open to Opportunities
Something that Successful daters have in common is that they create connections with an open mind. Whether it’s potential partners, prospective clients, or a new acquaintance, they create space to connect with like-minded individuals.
While it’s great to know what you’re looking for, there are many benefits to staying flexible. For Successful daters, it’s all about identifying the qualities they look for in a partner and the personality traits that they want to discover in others.
For instance, some of your must-haves could be:
- Being honest about what they’re looking for
- Charming sense of humor
- Physical attraction
And the areas where you hope your partner will surprise you could include:
- Career aspirations
- Adventurous hobbies
- An elevated lifestyle
By being approachable and receptive to others, you create more possibilities for meeting new people and the opportunity to develop meaningful connections.
2. Embrace Enthusiasm
Successful daters show the best of themselves and see the best in others.
Even when things don’t work out the way you had hoped, it’s possible to keep a positive outlook:
- Did you message your online crush a couple of hours ago and they still haven’t responded? Don’t worry, it doesn’t mean that they’ve lost interest. Most likely, they’re busy at work but counting the hours to connect with you again!
- When you meet someone in person and there’s no chemistry, it’s an opportunity to make a new friend instead.
- If you love reading and your date prefers TV, you could bond over the movie versions of your favorite books and plan a date night from there. Gatsby, anyone?
With the tips above, it’s easy to see the exciting possibilities that are right in front of you and keep a positive mindset. Successful daters know how to make the most of the opportunities that present themselves.
3. Redefine Your Standards
Just like you nourish other aspects of your life, it’s important to date mindfully. If honesty, physical attraction, and a luxurious lifestyle are among your dating priorities, you’re not alone. Many online daters today feel that they deserve more and aren’t shy to search for these qualities. They’re looking to connect with someone who is financially independent, prioritizes self-care, and has aspirational career goals. If you’re ready to aim higher, it’s time to Date Up.
Successful daters are attractive to others because they focus on finding the right partner whose goals align with theirs. Once they do, they have so much to offer with enriching conversations and interesting perspectives.
Cultivating your relationships also makes you feel confident. It broadens your circle of friends, enhances your self-care, and makes you more open to sharing yourself with others.
When your dating life is fulfilling, you feel more successful in other aspects of your life. This can help you feel more assured at pitch meetings, become outgoing at parties, and bring your best self to everyday interactions.
4. Stay In the Moment
Staying in the moment means being present and connecting with the other person. It’s something that Successful daters practice with everyone around them.
If you take the time to listen to others, it’s easy to find ideas that you can explore together. This can make all your conversations feel more rewarding. For Successful daters, staying in the moment also means going with the flow.
Here are some ideas on how to do that:
- Did you enjoy your dinner together? Why not hit the dance floor at the new VIP jazz lounge around the corner?
- If brunch went by too quickly and you want to keep hanging, spend the rest of your afternoon at the exclusive resort pool party everyone’s been posting about on Instagram.
- A beach day is a great first date, and it’s even more fun if you add a spontaneous surf lesson. You’ll get a kick out of trying something new and adventurous.
There are many ways to stay in the moment when you’re with that special someone. Through meaningful conversation and fun experiences, you can create an authentic bond that sets the mood for your date.
5. Reconnect After the Date
Dating is fun but, for Successful daters, reconnecting afterward is as important as the date itself. If you had a great time, let your partner know that you’re looking forward to the next one. Or, if the sparks weren’t there, send a quick note letting them know you had fun but didn’t feel a connection.
Either way, reconnecting is a chance to think about what went well and what you want to bring to your next date – whether it’s with the same person or someone else:
- Take the time to analyze if there were any potential red flags. It’s possible to miss those while you’re out with someone but, by taking some time to think about this the next day, you can decide if this person is someone you want to see again.
- If you don’t want to go on a second date, don’t wait too long to let them know. An honest message is the best way to move forward.
- If you do want to see them again, make exciting plans for date number two. At this point, you might already know if you have common interests and can think of fun ideas to get to know each other even better.
Ready to Start Dating Up? That’s what Seeking is all about! We bring our members together to create new dating opportunities and expand your social circles. Log into your Seeking profile today and experience the type of dates you deserve with the kind of partners you’ve always wanted to meet.