In the digital age, social media platforms like Instagram have transformed the way we present ourselves to the world. With carefully curated images and snappy captions, users strive to showcase a life that is filled with visual appeal and induces envy with its glamor. From luxurious vacations to exquisite dining experiences, Instagram has become a canvas for portraying an aspirational lifestyle. However, what you see online is not necessarily the truth, and many of these accounts are engineered entirely from a desire for followers, and not out of a genuine experience. In order to create a life for yourself that is luxurious both on-screen and off, there are steps that you can take to ensure the hollow beauty of social media is not hollow at all, but a true reflection of your own life— whether you take to social media to share it, or not.
- Define Your Personal Brand: To curate an Instagram-worthy life, it is essential to define who you are, and what you stand for. Consider the values, interests, and aspirations that you want to communicate to your audience and to the people around you. Are you an adventure seeker, a fashion enthusiast, or a connoisseur of fine dining? Identify your passions and focus on them when crafting a life for yourself. Decide what you want in your future and the people that you want to surround yourself with. Just like with influencers, you need to be sure of yourself, and who you are, before you even begin.
- Create a Captivating Aesthetic: Aesthetic is key when curating an Instagram feed, but it also relates to more than just life online. When you know yourself and the image that you want to portray to the world, then you begin to embody the essence of that lifestyle. You do not have to splurge on the most expensive outfits, but having a core, sophisticated wardrobe with timeless, classic pieces will set you in good stead. Your outward appearance reflects your inner mindset and will come across to both people you meet online, and offline. It’s important to take the time to craft and nurture your personal image; when you look and feel your best, people notice.
- Seek Out the Experience of Luxury: Explore upscale travel destinations, high-end restaurants, and exclusive events to place yourself in the space of luxury, and of other people who appreciate and live the experience of it. This also relates to who you choose to date; does an Instagram-worthy life include a date at a dive bar, where you have to split the bill with someone you will never see again? Find someone, instead, who will open the door for you, will order that vintage champagne, and who will provide a conversation that will make you feel elevated, and inspired. Luxury isn’t a far-off thing that only the very wealthy can reach— luxury is closer to you than you think.
- Date Better: When you upgrade your standards for the people that you allow into your life in a romantic manner, you are actually upgrading your own self-worth. It might not be visible on an iPhone screen for people to scroll through, but self-worth and dating well are things that can not just give you an Instagram-worthy life, but also, an Instagram-worthy sense of self-esteem. When you seek out relationships that uplift you, instead of leaving you posting selfies in order to make an ex jealous, you will be living that social media dream life, rather than posting about it. The bonus is that you’ll equally have an array of beautiful photo-ops, just in case you do want people to see that you’re on vacation in the Maldives.
- Immortalize Everyday Pleasures: Take a moment to capture and share the small luxuries that make your day special; both online and off. It could be a bottle of French champagne, a fine detail on a piece of high-end clothing, or a date to an exquisite terrace bar. These seemingly mundane moments, when artfully presented, appreciated, and acknowledged, can evoke a sense of luxury. Equally, appreciation of the small, finer details of one’s life can move you through it like a photographer; drawing luxury out of the day-to-day.
- Prioritize Quality over Quantity: Instead of focusing on the number of posts, prioritize quality content— this is the advice that you would get, were you curating a social media feed. However, this also applies to your own life, and trying to embody that high-end lifestyle. Curate the people that you spend your time with; from friends to dates, make it about quality over quantity. You may imagine having a thousand friends is the essence of luxury, but in reality, having a small handful that you trust innately; that’s the essence of living well.
- Reduce Screen Time: This might be counter-intuitive, given that we’re talking about social media, but really, if you want to live that aesthetic lifestyle, then you’re going to have to limit the time you spend doom-scrolling on social media itself. Go out and meet people, go on beautiful, high-end dates, network, and organize excursions, experiences, and outings for yourself. Choose your dating platforms better, meet people who share your dreams for the future, and spend less time stalking those exes who treated you poorly— it’s all about curation.
- Date on Seeking: With open and honest communication, a window to the world of luxury, and users from around the world; it is vital that you decide on a dating platform that will help you create that lifestyle for yourself. It’s not always easy in one’s day-to-day life, to meet people who truly elevate you. Therefore, when you choose your dating platform, choose wisely. Who knows; you might find yourself on a private jet, on your way to Monaco, and forget to post about it entirely— simply because you’re no longer posting about an Instagram-worthy life, but rather, you’re busy living it.
In the end, it’s not about social media; it’s about how you choose to live and design your day-to-day habits, routines, and the collection of people that you surround yourself with. Luxury is not just an image for social media; it’s a mindset, a lifestyle, and an innate thing that only you can truly define for yourself and your personal, internal brand. Whether you choose to use social media or not, luxury is something that you can create, and also that can be cultivated.
Curate your Insta-worthy lifestyle now. Join Seeking today!