You’re pretty sure your online crush is into you, they just haven’t asked you out yet. So, you’re patiently waiting, but waiting for what? Wait too long and your luck may run out! We’re here to help you figure out how to score a date with your ideal partner.
Before the sparks fizzle, consider this pro Seeking tip: Make the lucky move and ask that Successful member out! Kickoff Women’s History Month with some fierce female empowerment. Because when you lead with confidence, you can get the upscale dates you’ve always wanted. And our step-by-step guide will help you do just that!
The Unmistakable Signs
Connecting with someone new is exciting. You see them online every day and there’s something about them that draws you in.
But how do you know if you have a shot? Is there some way to find out without just coming out and saying it? The answer’s yes! Want to know if your Seeking flame is into you & also wants to meet you in person? Ask yourself the following questions to find out:
- Do they respond quickly?
- Do your conversations feel playful and make you want to get to know them better?
- Do they initiate the conversation as often as you do?
- Can you sense excitement in their messages?
- Do they give you genuine compliments?
- Do they slide into your DMs throughout the day?
- Do the two of you share common interests?
- Is the tone of their messages similar to yours?
Easy Steps to Seek and Date Up
If you answered yes to most of the questions above, all signs point to a connection in the making. And if you’re ready to Start Dating Up™, our advice will show you how to score a date that can take the relationship to the next level:
Chat Online, But Not for Too Long
Online conversations are great. Video chat is even better. But when the energy’s right, nothing beats meeting in person.
How do you know when it’s time to take it offline? For some people, 2-3 messages are all it takes. For others, it’s a week or two. But no matter how much time is right for you, our dating experts agree that there’s a pattern to look for. Here’s how it usually goes:
- You want to start by breaking the ice. A great first message can be funny, cheeky, or clever. But, most importantly, be you!
- Then, you can exchange one or several messages. This is where you show them what a catch you are!
- Comment on their interests and point out what you have in common. This can help you get ideas for a first date.
- If that’s well-received and you’re feeling the connection, go with the flow, be bold, and ask them out!
Suggest Specific Plans
You know it’s time. But how exactly do you make your move without seeming too eager? Just keep it casual. Many times, something as simple as coffee will do!
Specifics are key when considering how to score a date. “Want to hang out sometime?” is too vague. “Want to meet for a drink this Friday?” is assertive and attractive. Just like you! It communicates real interest, shows your confidence, and gets you a step closer to that first date.
A few things to remember when offering plans:
- Make it short and sweet. Think of this first date as a chance to spark their interest and give them an opportunity to ask you out on a second date.
- Make it safe. Meet in a public place and always let someone know where you’ll be and who you’re meeting with. Apps like UrSafe can help you feel more secure on your date.
- Make it convenient. Pick a location that’s accessible to both of you, not too noisy, and also fun. This will make the date even more exciting.
Score a Second Date
Your date went great and you’ve definitely hit it off. So, what’s next? You can give them the opportunity to make the next move or take it yourself. If you know you are interested in a second date, look for a moment in the conversation where you can casually ask if they want to meet again. Did they just say how much they love pizza? Ask them if they want to try a slice at your favorite spot. Did the weekend come up while you’re chatting? Jump on the opportunity to suggest plans for the new restaurant you’ve been wanting to try on Saturday night. If you are both feeling the vibes, you’ll remove the pressure of that daunting next step.
Expect the Best and Let the Good Times Roll!
Knowing how to score a date is an irresistible quality that the person on the other side of the screen can feel. So, listen to your female intuition and let it empower you. Log in to Seeking, make your move, and kick start the adventure of a lifetime!
Check out the rest of the Seeking Blog for more Up Dating stories, advice, and tips.