With the rise of scams across the Internet and online dating platforms, Seeking is proud to set the standards for online safety. As we advocate for our members’ privacy and empower you to find honest connections, we continue to offer the most innovative technologies to enhance your security.
In honor of International Fraud Awareness Week, Seeking is launching our “Seeking Security – Protect Your Identity” campaign, offering members free access to ID verification on the site. Starting November 14th and running until November 19th, Seeking will join hundreds of international organizations in an effort to shed light on fraud prevention. We urge our members to take advantage of the security measures that we have in place, as well as take an active role in making safety the top priority of online dating. Along with our other security practices, ID verification is a tried and tested approach to safer online dating.
Seeking’s Safety Measures
As the leader in online dating, Seeking is dedicated to being the best in the community. We are committed to creating an environment conducive to honest connections. We believe it’s our job not only to help you find your match safely and quickly, but also help you avoid any scams during your online dating journey. This is how we actively work to prevent online fraud and make your security a top priority for us.
Identity verification is a key component of our platform. To ensure the safety of our members and prevent fraud, we encourage all our members to take advantage of identity verification as a way to authenticate users in our community.
With this process, Seeking hopes to prevent the various forms of fraud, crime, and identity manipulation that can occur online. It’s a safety measure that lowers the risk of fake profiles and creates accountability among members of our community.
As an ID-verified member, you receive:
- A verification badge on your profile: This attracts more serious partners and increases trust from other members
- Protection from impersonation: Verifying your identity with us helps maintain your own privacy and prevents scammers from impersonating you.
AI & IRL Monitoring
At Seeking, we make the most of technology and human power to keep you safe. Our teams use Artificial Intelligence (AI) and our own humans-in-the-loop (HITL) system to continuously scan profiles for keywords, suspicious images, and fraudulent behavior. This machine-learning system is our constant watch to protect your privacy and enhance your peace of mind.
Transport Layer Security (TLS)
Designed to provide secure communications over a computer network, our websites offer Transport Layer Security (TLS) to offer privacy and keep your data safe. Among other benefits, this technology helps us:
- Protect your credit card data
- Monitor against privacy threats
- Authenticate your credentials
- Are under the age of 18
- Have been convicted or pleaded to felonies
- Are a known registered sex offender
- Are suspected of sex trafficking
- Attempt to use the website for commercial reasons, including posting advertisements or collecting data or information of any kind
- Attempt to publish offensive, inaccurate, profane, intimidating, defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful content
- Engage in bullying, stalking, intimidating or otherwise harassing any other Members
Seeking Security – Protect Your Identity
From November 14 until November 19, members who are ready to validate their identity can log into their account for quick and easy ID verification. During this time, verification will be free for community members in the US, Canada, France, UK, Spain, and Australia. Please note that ID verification will be free for this week only!
Once you’re ID verified, you will receive a badge that’s displayed on your profile. The best part? You’ll get to keep your verification forever!
To take advantage of this offer, you must log into your Seeking account between November 14 and November 19, 2022 and click on the promotion bar below the site navigation.
All it takes is three steps to boost your online dating experience and increase your safety:
- Tap on “Verify Your Profile.” You can find this button at the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Scan your Driver’s License or any other form of valid ID using your device’s camera.
- Once your ID card is confirmed, you’ll simply take a selfie as the final step to confirm your identity.
As we enhance the security of our entire community, we also promise to safeguard your personal information. Our third party ID verification organization is a globally trusted partner who also provides identity services for tech and finance firms around the world.
Upgrade Your Safety
Seeking’s ID verification is more than just an upgrade. It’s a necessary safety measure that ensures the integrity and security of everyone on our platform. With free access to this technology during International Fraud Awareness Week, our leadership is helping our members stay ahead of the curve.
What’s more, if you’re ever chatting to someone who isn’t verified, we suggest that you encourage them to get verified as well! Our goal is to ensure that everyone’s online dating experience is safe and secure. By joining us in this effort, you too can do your part to keep our community safe and preserve the honesty of your connections.
Ready to verify your identity and elevate your dating experience? Simply log into your Seeking.com account to get started!